Each manufacturer of gaming devices, systems, equipment, software or goods and services related to the operation of video lottery terminals, instant bingo machines, electronic gaming devices or table game equipment must hold a valid manufacturer license before conducting business with any licensed gaming facility in Maryland.
To submit applications, individuals must first be hired by a Maryland licensed gaming facility, a Maryland licensed manufacturer, a Maryland licensed contractor or by certain non-gaming vendors that are authorized to submit applications.
After being hired, the casino, manufacturer, contractor or vendor will provide individuals with login authorization enabling them to submit an online application. All prospective gaming manufacturer applicants must submit a “Letter of Determination/Gaming Related Determinations” to the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency.
To submit documents or applications, or for additional information, contact the Gaming Enterprise Licensing Team at Gaming.Services@maryland.gov.
“Manufacturer” is defined in the Annotated Code of Maryland, State Government Article (“SG”) § 9-1A-01(r) as a person:
- that is engaged in the business of designing, building, constructing, assembling, manufacturing, or distributing a central monitor and control system, video lottery terminals, associated equipment or software, or the cabinet in which a video lottery terminal is housed;
- that produces a product that is intended for sale, lease, or other assignment to the Commission or a licensee;
- that contracts with the Commission or a licensee for the sale, lease or other assignment of a product described in subparagraph 1(a); or
- that is engaged in the business of designing, building, constructing, assembling, manufacturing, or distributing table games or table game equipment;
- that produces a product related to table games that is intended for sale, lease, or other assignment to a licensee; and
- that contracts with a licensee for the sale, lease, or other assignment of a product described in subparagraph 2(a); or
- a manufacturer of instant bingo machines, shall meet the requirements of, and be licensed as, a manufacturer of video lottery terminals or table games under COMAR 36.03.02.13; or electronic gaming devices under COMAR 36.07.02.12.
PLEASE NOTE: Paper copies of forms 1004, 1005, 1008, 2001, 2002 and 2003 will no longer be accepted. All information required in these forms will now be submitted electronically through the MLGCA online licensing system. THESE ARE PROVIDED FOR REFERENCE ONLY. Individuals seeking a Maryland Gaming license or a Maryland Non-Gaming license do not submit applications directly to the Commission.
- Letter of Determination/Gaming Related Determinations
- Gaming Manufacturer License Application, Form #1002
- Principal Entity Disclosure, Form #1006
- Institutional Investor Waiver Application, Form #1009
- Gaming Manufacturer License Renewal, Form #1026
- Principal Employee License Application, Form #1004
- Temporary Principal Employee Application, Form #1005
- Principal Employee Renewal Application, Form #1008
- Principal Employee Waiver, Form #1007
- Gaming Employee License, Form #2001
- Temporary Gaming Employee License, Form #2003
- Authorization for Release of Information Form
- Personal Information Change Form
- Application for Replacement Employee License/badge
- Transfer/Rehire Request Form