September 29, 2023
Maryland adds 13th retail sports wagering location
(Baltimore) — The Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Commission today issued a sports wagering facility license to Canton Gaming, LLC, and its operator partner Parx Interactive Maryland, Inc., for a retail sportsbook operating at the Greene Turtle restaurant in Towson.
On Sept. 25 and Sept. 27, Canton Gaming and Parx successfully completed controlled demonstrations at the Greene Turtle location in Towson. Customers participated in live wagering as Maryland Lottery and Gaming staff ensured that the sportsbook complied with all required procedures and that its systems functioned properly.
The Greene Turtle in Towson becomes the 13th retail sportsbook location to open in Maryland. The other 12 are:
- Bingo World in Brooklyn Park
- Greenmount Station in Hampstead
- The Greene Turtle in Canton
- Hollywood Casino in Perryville
- Horseshoe Casino in Baltimore
- Live! Casino in Hanover
- Long Shot’s in Frederick
- FedEx Field in Landover
- MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill
- Ocean Downs Casino in Berlin
- Riverboat on the Potomac in Charles County
- Sports & Social in North Bethesda
There are currently 12 mobile/online sportsbooks operating in Maryland:
- Barstool Sportsbook (operator for PENN Maryland/Hollywood Casino in Perryville)
- Betfred Sportsbook (operator for Long Shot’s in Frederick)
- BetMGM (operator for BetMGM Maryland Sports/MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill)
- betParx (operator for Greenmount Station in Hampstead)
- BetRivers (operator for Arundel Amusements/Bingo World in Brooklyn Park)
- Caesars Sportsbook (operator for CZR Maryland Mobile Opportunity/Horseshoe Casino in Baltimore)
- Crab Sports
- DraftKings (Crown MD Online Gaming)
- Fanatics Sportsbook (operator for Maryland Stadium Sub, LLC)
- FanDuel (operator for PPE Maryland Mobile/Live! Casino and Hotel in Hanover)
- PointsBet (operator for Riverboat on the Potomac in Charles County)
- SuperBook (SBOpco, LLC)
Additional mobile operators and retail locations are expected to launch in the near future. In Fiscal Year 2023 (July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023), sports wagering contributed $25,258,639 to the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future Fund, which supports public education programs. An additional $2,091,753 in expired sports wagering prizes were paid to the Maryland Problem Gambling Fund, which supports responsible gambling programs, including no-cost counseling for Maryland residents.
About Maryland Lottery and Gaming
Maryland Lottery and Gaming operates the Maryland Lottery and is responsible for regulatory oversight of the state’s casinos and sports wagering program. In its regulatory role, the agency provides direction and guidance to casino and sports wagering operators on financial, security, regulatory and licensing procedures. To keep Marylanders informed and to maintain transparency of casino and sports wagering operations, monthly financial reports are posted on mdgaming.com. Maryland Lottery and Gaming strongly encourages responsible play. Maryland residents can obtain confidential help with a gambling problem at no cost by calling 1-800-GAMBLER or visiting mdgamblinghelp.org.